Hi All! Hope you had a good weekend!
The weekends always seem to go way too fast and the weeks way too slow. Breaking out of the daily routine during the week by heading to an event or trying a new dinner spot always helps for me- give it a try this week with all there is to pick from!
I must have been pretty hungry and/or really wanting a good drink when I picked these events- they all have to do with booze and food (arguably 2 of my favorite things)!
Monday March 7
- Where: Various restaurants throughout Washington County
- When: March 7-13
- Cost: Varies
- Head out to Washington County to find a new dining spot. The week will feature special menu options, as well as special pricing on features. Check out the list of participating restaurants by following the link to the site.
Tuesday March 8
- Where: Butterjoint-Oakland
- When: 4:30pm-12:00am
- Cost: No Cover
- The next installment of the Butterjoint’s fundraiser series will benefit the Nine Mile Run Watershed Association. If you don’t know much about the association, or watersheds, I encourage you to follow the link and read through their site to learn more about the importance of protecting our local watersheds (my inner environmental science self LOVES this stuff). All proceeds from food and drink will go directly to the association to help with restoration efforts and outreach events. Don’t forget cash for tips- servers will also be donating ALL CASH tips to association!
Wednesday March 9
- Where: Wigle Whiskey Distillery- Strip District
- When: 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Cost: Free Entry- activities vary
- In the second week of Wigle Whiskey’s demo series, you will work on crafting the perfect whiskey and cheese pairings. Cheese and whiskey used in the demo will be available to purchase for recreations at home!
- Where: The Claddagh- South Side Works
- When: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Cost: Varies
- Enjoy a 5 course Irish style dinner with each course paired with an Irish whiskey. If that is not the perfect dinner, I’m not sure what is.
Thursday March 10
- Where: Heinz History Center- Strip District
- When: 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Cost: $10
- If you haven’t been able to check out the new ‘Toys of the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s’ exhibit, now is your chance! Enjoy this adults only event by revisiting favorite childhood toys complete with a retro candy bar. Music from the eras feature in the exhibit will also be playing, and a cash bar will be available! A great way to celebrate the ALMOST end to the week.
As I mentioned last week, we went to see Jason Isbell at the Benedum for Matt’s birthday. Initially, when I bought the tickets, I wasn’t super excited, but I knew Matt would enjoy it. The closer it came to the show, though, the more into it I became. I had been spending a lot of time listening to everything Spotify had on Jason Isbell and his other projects. So, when it came time for the show, I think I ended up knowing more of the songs he played than I have for other people I consider my favorites.
The show itself was amazing, and having it at the Benedum made it even better. Listening to beautiful music and a very beautiful venue makes it all 10x better. If you haven’t had a chance to hear Jason Isbell, I highly recommend looking him up. If you’re interested, this is my favorite song by him, 24 Frames–take a listen.
So, what started as just a gift for Matt ended up as something we both enjoyed together. Major win!
Enjoy yourselves this week! I’ll see you back here on Wednesday to get ready for the weekend!