Hey all! We are going to keep this short and sweet since I’m technically still on an unplugged weekend- Shhh.
Let’s get started !
Monday July 24
- Where: Take your Pick!
- When: All day!
- Cost: Damage done is up to you!
- Okay, so this is a little different than usual. Since it is National Tequila Day, I’m just going to encourage you to head out and support one of your local watering holes. Some of my favorites for margaritas -El Campesino, Mad Mex, Round Corner Cantina, etc. Cheers!
Tuesday July 25
- Where: Smallman Galley– Strip District
- When: 8pm-9:30pm
- Cost: $35
- Smallman Galley is celebrating their new batch of chefs with a whiskey pairing evening. Each chef will prepare a small bite to be paired with a specific whiskey. Click the link for the menu! If you want to make a night of it, get there early to have dinner from one of the chef options and enjoy happy hour from 5-7 with half off drinks. Smallman Galley is a unique restaurant option helping chefs break into the industry on a smaller scale and hopefully accelerate their career after their time there. Each chef in the class has their own concept “restaurant” within the galley, and you can try something from each whenever you go –I really encourage you to go support what they are doing there!
Wednesday July 26
- Where: Wigle Whiskey Barrelhouse & Whiskey Garden– North Side
- When: 6pm-9pm
- Cost: $10 donation at the door
- KidsVoice Young Professionals is hosting a Speakeasy themed event to help raise money for the Bootstrap Project. The project’s mission is to help foster system youth as they age out of the system and begin to live independently –essentially giving them help and support in a time where they need it most. There will be live blues and country music at the event, as well as games, prizes, and spirits for sale. Wigle Whiskey is donating 12% of all drink and merchandise purchases to the organization…drink up for a good cause!
Thursday July 27
- Where: Vintage Reborn– Beaver Falls
- When: 6:30-9pm
- Cost: $35
- Always wanted to upcycle a piece of furniture? Envious of the beautifully painted dressers, mirrors, etc all over Pinterest but have no clue how to start? This class is for you. Vintage Reborn will teach you step by step how to rehab your own piece of furniture. Bring you own small piece to work on, or they have pieces to purchase ($5-$25). Your fee includes all materials to transform your piece. BYOB welcome! Follow the link to reserve your spot!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Keep your eye out for the weekend post and a special separate “pup friendly events” post highlighting some remaining summer events where you can bring your pal along! You can also check Instagram throughout the week to preview some photos I took for an upcoming “Trip Report” post. Cheers!