Hey everyone! Hope you had an awesome weekend- ours was busy but great. We made it to Deutschtown Music Festival on Saturday, and it was a blast as per usual. We saw bands at a variety of different venues, my favorite being a new coffee spot in Deutschtown called Kaffehaus. They had Caramel Pretzel Nitro Cold Brew, and now my life will never be the same.
Today we took advantage of having no solid plans. I did a morning stretch class at Bend The Bridge yoga studio in Bridgeville, and it was the perfect way to start my day. I’m currently taking a 6 week beginner’s course there and it comes with unlimited classes for the month- so I’m trying to try as many as possible. I plan on doing a spotlight on the studio once I finish up the course, but you should definitely check them out beforehand!
Then, we spent the afternoon at Mingo Creek Park in Washington County. We are trying to get Luther (our lazy pup) used to going on longer walks so he can camp and hike with us. It was a little hot, but we had a great time and Lu had fun playing in the creek.
Check us out on Instagram for some photos highlighting the weekend!
Now, let’s get into the detail for the week (so we all have time to get ready for Game of Thrones). I must have been feeling a little crafty when I was picking out events for this week, and you’ll see why-Cheers!
Monday July 17
- Where: Hough’s– Greenfield
- When: 7pm-9pm
- Cost: $42
- Shake off the 9-5 Monday blues by flexing your creativity! Pop Craft is sponsoring a build your own terrarium workshop at Hough’s. They provide everything you need to build and customize your terrarium: glass containers, succulents, soil, decorations, etc. Hough’s will have beer/food specials during the event.
Tuesday July 18
- Where: East End Brewing Company– East Liberty
- When: 6pm-8pm
- Cost: $34
- So, I warned you that I was feeling crafty this week. But seriously DIY Doggie bow ties? Yes, please. Pop Craft will be your hosts again, along with Tori Mistick of Wear Wag Repeat. You’ll pick out the fabric and leather your want for your creation, and use templates provided to create a masterpiece for your fashionable pup. Before you head there, make sure to check out the tap list for East End Brewing Company!
If you are interested in both craft nights- Pop Craft also offers 3 class for $99, so if you check out their schedule and more classes jump out at you- it might be worth the package!
Wednesday July 19
- Where: Market Square– Downtown Pittsburgh
- When: 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Cost: FREE!
- Get your mind right mid-week with some yoga after work. Whirl Magazine is sponsoring an all levels class in the square every Wednesday!. So skip the happy hour (or well, maybe just go after yoga) and spend an hour focusing on yourself. Don’t forget your mat, water, and maybe some sunblock!
Thursday July 20
- Where: WYEP Studios– South Side
- When: Doors at 6:30- Show at 7
- Cost: Free!
- 91.3 WYEP- our cities own independent radio station- hosts free concerts featuring local bands in their studios. Free+local = my favorite combination. This Thursday, Chrome Moses will be playing in the studios. Complimentary beverages from Terrapin Beer Company will be available for the 21+ crowd. Also, if you haven’t listened to WYEP yet, you are seriously missing out.
That does is it for this week. Hope it flies by for everyone, and I’ll see you back here on Wednesday to give you some weekend ideas!