Hey All! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had an awesome time in Deep Creek, and now we’re just trying to get ourselves ready for Monday. If you want to make your week feel a little more like the weekend, check out some of the events going on this week!
Monday April 11
Monday Night Dodgeball
- Where: Ace Hotel- East Liberty
- When: 7pm-10pm
- Cost: $5
- Just like gym class (but probably better). Join City of Play at The Ace Hotel to take out your Monday aggression with friends, flying balls, and drinks.
Tuesday April 12
Sound Series: Songhoy Blues
- Where: The Warhol- North Shore
- When: 8pm
- Cost: $15 or $12 for members/students
- Songhoy Blues is a West African blues band, more specifically described as “desert blues”. If you want to get a feel for their sound, follow the link to a live performance video. Matt and I each definitely have our specific genres that are our fall backs, but I am intrigued by the sound of Songhoy Blues. Break out of your music comfort zone and head to the Warhol to check them out.
Wednesday April 13
Cooking With Chris: A Taste of Toys- 1960s
- Where: Heinz History Center- Strip District
- When: 7pm-8:30pm
- Cost: $20
- The history center is really putting together a ton of unique events focused around the toys exhibit. Head there on Wednesday to check out the exhibit, and enjoy a 1960’s style food demo. Chris Fennimore will be cooking up some classic entertainment dishes from the ’60’s: Swedish meatballs and Onion Soup dip.
Thursday April 14
Kinetic+ Troy Roberts and Alex Norris
- Where: The Pittsburgh Winery- Strip District
- When: Doors at 7:30pm/Show at 8pm
- Cost: $10 in advance/$12 at the door
- This show would be another option for breaking out of your musical comfort zone and experiencing something new. The 3 different artists offer jazz style music with their own twists. Come celebrate the debut album release for Kinetic and wind down from your week (or get ready for the weekend).
Like I mentioned earlier, we spent the past weekend in Deep Creek with a group of friends. It was a great time, but it was even better to spend time with the friends we don’t get to see nearly as often as we’d like. It was such a bummer to go our separate was on Sunday, so hopefully we’ll do it again soon. We didn’t get to do much other than relax at the house we rented because it was crazy cold and snowed pretty much the entire time! It was still fun nonetheless, and if you are ever looking for a place to go with a large group of people, renting a house in Deep Creek through VRBO is absolutely the way to go!
Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive week. I’ll see you back here Wednesday to get the weekend planning started!