Hey all! Welcome back !
Things got a little hectic- we all know how life goes- and I put this on the back burner for awhile, but now its definitely time to get back to bringing you tons of local event options to help add some fun to your weeks!
Along with the weekly and weekend event posts, I’ll also be sharing some local business spotlights from some of my favorite spots around the city- restaurants, coffee shops, breweries (personal fav), fitness/wellness centers, etc. Matt and I love supporting local businesses, and Pittsburgh has so many amazing options, so there will be no shortage of places to highlight.
As much as I love the ‘Burgh, I also love to travel and plan trips. In that regard, I want to share with you some trips we’ve taken and some tips on how I find some amazing places to stay for great prices. So keep an eye out for those posts, too.
Lastly, we adopted our dog baby Luther last year and have been scouting out some great pet friendly places around the city. I know there are tons of pet lovers in Pittsburgh, so I also want to share some the establishments we’ve found !
Enough with all of that- lets get down to what you’re really here for: events! There is usually no shortage of things to do at any given time in our city, and this week is no different. So if you don’t have a ton of picnics to attend, or you are looking for something to keep your 4th of July fun rolling, I’ve got plenty of options for ya!
Just a reminder, clicking on the title of each event will lead you to the event listing with even more information than I have provided here, and clicking on the link for “where” will bring up a map of the location. Definitely click to those pages to find out more or buy tickets when necessary. Enjoy!
Monday July 3
- Where: Rivers Casino- North Shore
- When: 7pm-10pm
- Cost: FREE
- Enjoy an evening outside listening to some Beatles cover tunes! Hopefully you have Tuesday off, so this is a great way to kick it off. Blankets and umbrellas are allowed at the amphitheater, but coolers and outside food/beverages are not. Grab a drink and relax. After the music is over, head inside and try your luck to make a night of it. My personal favorite is the Kitty Glitter slot machine. Give it a go.
Tuesday July 4
Red, White, and Buti
- Where: Sterling Yoga- Mount Lebanon area
- When: 9am-10:15am
- Cost: $10 cash or PayPal- Sterling Yoga passes are also valid for the event
- So, what the heck is Buti Yoga? Think part yoga and part tribal dance class combined with some amazing music to lead your practice. It’s a great way to shake it loose while reconnecting with yourself. All levels are welcome to come to the event. Start your 4th off with some self care before all the fun of the day-I’m planning on being there, too! Check out this video that gives more explanation of this class style!
Wednesday July 5
Disney Trivia Night
- Where: The Claddagh- SouthSide Works area
- When: 7pm-9pm
- Cost: Free
- It is really the combination of all your childhood dreams. Disney trivia and drinks. A more perfect couple doesn’t exist. This is the last one that will be happening (for now), so you better get down and show off that useless Disney knowledge that’s taking up valuable brain space.
Thursday July 6
Coraline Pajama Party
- Where: Row House Cinema- Lawrenceville
- When: 9:30pm-11:20pm
- Cost: $7/person
- You were already going to be on the couch in your pajamas anyway (Stop. Don’t lie.) Instead, head down to Row House and catch a movie with a whole group in your pajamas. Grab a beer from and some snacks from the concession stand (everyone in PJs gets $1 off their food), and watch Coraline discover her creepy alternate universe.
That’s all for now! I’ll be back on Wednesday night to bring you some ideas for the weekend.
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!
Be sure to subscribe to the mailing list to get our updates sent directly to your inbox, and don’t forget to follow Pittsburgh Pitschman on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!