Hope everyone had a fun 4th and a quick work week! Shorter work weeks always seem to drag for me for some reason- UGH.
If you’re still looking for some things to do this weekend, check out the list below for some options! Enjoy!
Remember to click on the links for more event information and directions!
Friday July 7
- Where: Southside Works Shopping District
- When: All Weekend! Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 12pm-10pm, Sunday 12pm-5pm
- Cost: FREE
- Head to the Southside Works for some music, crafts, food, and fun! All weekend long, local vendors will line the streets of Southside Works with their work. There will be a food truck roundup, as well as live entertainment and adult beverages for purchase! Supporting local artitsts while listening to music and enjoying some beverages–sounds like my kind of weekend.
- Where: Clearview Common- Mount Lebanon
- When: 7pm-10pm
- Cost: FREE
- All through the summer, on the First Friday of each month, Mount Lebanon hosts family friendly concerts in the Clearview Common square. This month they are featuring The Red Beans & Rice Combo. Head out to hear some New Orleans style jazz and relax to end your week and start the weekend. It doesn’t mention it, but the times that I have gone, there has been beer/snacks to purchase.
Saturday July 8
- Where: Mattress Factory Museum- North Side
- When: 7pm-10pm
- Cost: $25 or $50 for VIP (early entry)
- Check out this event hosted by the Mattress Factory for an evening of food, drinks, and installation style exhibits. If you’ve never been to the Mattress Factory, it is definitely worth the trip. Local wineries, distilleries, and breweries will be on hand to provide your libations while you peruse the the exhibits. Best part? Your ticket gets you FREE DRINKS all night, that is a small price to pay for great drinks and interesting art.
- Where: Carnegie Science Center- North Shore
- When: Saturday 10am-Sunday 5pm
- Cost: $10 for nonmembers $5 for members
- Guys, did you know they are getting rid of the Omnimax? Sad. To go out with a bang, Carnegie Science Center is hosting a 31 hour movie marathon event. Starting at 10am on Saturday until 5pm on Sunday, the museum will be OPEN and showing movies in the theater. Your entry is good for the entire time. Want to see the movie they are showing at 10am, go to the casino, then come back for a movie at 5pm? Cool. Want to stop in at 5am to catch the show? Great…but also, why are you awake? On top of the movies, the floors of the museum PLUS Highmark Sportsworks, live food demos, and the planetarium will be open for the duration of the marathon. There will also be food and a cash bar. It will be like your elementary school field trip–but way better. Check out the museum’s page for a full listing of movies, times, and other events happening throughout the day.
Sunday July 9
- Where: Cadillac Ranch- Robinson
- When: 8am-11:30am
- Cost: $30
- So, you want to be healthy on a Sunday morning, but you also kind of want some cocktails and french toast(story of my life)? Great. Cadillac Ranch has you covered. Your ticket to the event includes a 75 minute all levels flow class on their patio from the ladies at Pure Power Yoga. After the class, enjoy your brunch and a cocktail of your choice (included with the price). Don’t forget your mat!
- Where: Mellon Park- Shadyside
- When: 10:30am -12pm
- Cost: FREE
- Bring your blanket to sit on, some brunch to snack on, and relax on the grass while listening to some classical music in the park. The Bagel Factory will be on site with food, but you are also encouraged to bring your own picnic basket -just no alcohol or glass please! This Sunday features classical music from the Pine Creek Community Band.
It doesn’t matter if you want free, family friendly, or everything in between- there is something for everyone in Pittsburgh!
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. I’ll see you back here Sunday night to plan for the week! I’m also working on the first Local Business Spotlight post, so keep an eye out for that next week- Cheers!