Hey Everyone ! Hope you all had a great weekend. We enjoyed having the rare weekend with nothing we HAD to do. Summer always seems to pack our calendar with obligations and other fun, so it was nice to just decide on a whim what we wanted to do- which for us usually means hiking and beers from our absolute favorite, Hitchhiker Brewing . Seriously, I don’t think it gets any better than them.
If you’re looking for some more fun, I think you’ll like the featured events this week. They are a good mix of chill and fun- perfect for a weekday evening!
Monday July 10
- Where:Walnut Street- Shadyside
- When: 5pm-9pm
- Cost: Free !
- Head down to Shadyside to check out this invitation only vintage car show. Spend the evening checking out cars and all of the great spots on Walnut Street. I am admittedly not very interested in cars in general, but even I always enjoy walking around a car show- always neat things to see! Walnut Street also has a ton of restaurants, cafes, and shops, so there is something for the whole family.
Tuesday July 11
- Where: Wallace’s Whiskey Room + Kitchen (in the Hotel Indigo)- East Liberty
- When: 5pm-7pm
- Cost: No Cover!
- So we’ve all have probably heard some happy hour jams at a bar before. But, have you ever heard opera in a bar? Me either. Change that by heading to Wallace’s Tap room for their happy hour event. No cover, happy hour specials, and $6 valet parking. Tuesday is usually pretty awful, but this could make it a little better.
Wednesday July 12
- Where: Bierport- Lawrenceville
- When: Seatings at 6:30pm and 8pm
- Cost: $20
- Bierport is pairing with Bahn Mi & Tito bring you an evening of beer flights and delicious Bahn Mi sliders. Each seating will feature 4 beers paired with 4 specially selected sliders. Bierport also has a vast selection of beers to mix and match to take home. They really have something for everyone so make sure to pick up some for later- you know, for pregaming whatever cool event I tell you about for Friday.
Thursday July 13
- Where: Soergel Orchard’s Garden Center- Wexford
- When: 7pm
- Cost: $5
- Did you plant some veggies/herbs this year and have literally no idea what to do with them? Maybe you took part in a CSA and don’t know what to do with all your produce. Or, maybe you just want to pick up some cooking tips and recipes using seasonal produce because you are a responsible consumer like that. Whatever your reasoning, head to Soergel Orchard for their demo on how to cook from the garden. You’ll get tips and recipes to bring into your own home to impress your friends, significant other, or cat, and (BONUS) Arsenal Cider has a satellite location at the orchard so you can sample some amazing hard cider before your class. Win win!
Hope you found something on the list you are considering checking out! I’ll see you back here in the middle of the week to get a jump-start on planning the weekend. I am really excited to bring you this weekend’s posts because I get to share one of my absolute favorite local events with you. You’ll have to check back and see what it is this week! Cheers!