Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. I survived a St. Patrick’s Day excursion to the South Side…I’m not going to lie, it was a little bit scary but still worth it!
With it staying light out longer, it is the perfect excuse to add some fun into your weeknights! Let’s get to it.
Monday March 14
Pi Day Fun Run and Dessert
- Where: Fleet Feet Pittsburgh- Upper Saint Clair
- When: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Cost: FREE!
- Join local runners for a 3.14 mile fun run in honor of Pi Day! Afterwards, there will obviously be pie from The Pie Place… because why else would you run? One day soon I will be fast enough to join in on a fun run, currently I would just be left in the dust. Follow the link to RSVP for the run!
Tuesday March 15
Millie’s Ice Cream Grand Opening
- Where: Millie’s Ice Cream- Shadyside
- When: All Day
- Cost: Dependent upon ice cream craziness
- Head to Millie’s to enjoy some locally sourced, made from scratch ice cream. Tuesday’s are kind of blah, but supporting your local ice cream shop will make it much better!
Wednesday March 16
Saint Patrick’s Week Celebration
- Where: Reclamation Brewing- Butler
- When: Wednesday-Saturday
- Cost: Free Admission
- Head out to Reclamation Brewing to enjoy new specials each day. They will be tapping a new beer each night, and they will also feature live music and other specials daily. Personally, I’d recommend Wednesday to hear Clinton Clegg perform and catch the Egan’s Irish Stout release.
Thursday March 17
- Where: My Favorite Sweet Shop- Bridgeville
- When: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Cost: $25
- Relax on a Thursday with some wine from The Winery at Wilcox paired with handmade chocolates or other sweets. Perfect way to unwind from the week and gear up for the weekend! Follow the link to RSVP for the event.
This weekend, Matt and I tried our hands at Escape Room– AGAIN. Currently, were are 0/2 in escaping. It is HARD but so much fun.
If you haven’t heard, Escape Room is a clue solving game where you have to solve riddles and puzzles in order to “escape” the room you have been locked in. The rooms are all themed, with this location having a prison/prison office and a mad scientist’s lab themed rooms. You have an hour to solve all of the clues to lead you to the combination that unlocks the door. Don’t worry, you’re let out regardless and there isn’t anything spooky about it- its all about your clue solving skills!
So, like I mentioned, our group sadly did not escape. We had a few “DOH!” moments afterwards that probably would have helped us during the game, but it was still a great time. If you’re looking for a fun group activity I highly recommend checking it out. You can only do each room once, but they are currently working on new rooms- maybe I can redeem myself. To make a night of it, head to Hough’s next door before our after, you won’t be disappointed!
Hope everyone has a productive week! See you back here Wednesday for weekend planning!