Hope everyone is sailing calmly through the week. Take some time to make some weekend plans now- I promise it will make the rest of the week fly by!
Friday September 23
- Where: Various locations throughout the Downtown Pittsburgh Cultural District
- When: 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Head down to the Cultural District for a night of free art sponsored by the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust. Take your pick from musical events, theater and comedy shows, art displays, and much more. Want to learn to salsa? There’s a free dance lesson for that. Want to learn to make gnocchi? There’s a free cooking class for that. Check out the map and schedule at the link provided to see everything the crawl has to offer!
- Where: Larry’s Laundromutt- 210 Ohio River Blvd, Sewickley
- When: 7:00pm-10:00pm
- Cost: Free- Donations Welcome
- Head to Larry’s Laundromutt with your furry friend for a night out benefiting Dolly’s “Fix” America Campagin. This program aims to raise funds to continue low cost spay/neuter programs at local shelters. There will be food trucks and treats for dog and their humans, pet vendors, and free self dog washes. Come support a great cause!
Saturday September 24
- Where: Washington Road & Academy Ave, Mt Lebanon
- When: 10:00am-6:00pm (Saturday) and 10:00am-5:00pm (Sunday)
- Cost: Free
- Come browse the artisans’ booths to see their woodwork, jewelry making, ceramic creations, mixed media prints, and more. A craft center from the Laurel Highlands will also be hosting art demonstrations throughout the show. There will be art, entertainment, and plenty of food at this family friendly event. If you head there early enough, you’ll be able to catch the Mt. Lebanon Farmers’ Market, too!
- Where: Pittsburgh Winery- Strip District
- When: Doors at 8:00pm Show at 9:00pm
- Cost: $12 in advance and $15 at the door (if available)
- This 21+ event features local songwriters (and sometimes visiting ones!) collaborating in a unique atmosphere to create a night that involves part singing and part storytelling. The hosts for this evening’s event are Morgan Erina, Max Somerville, and Clinton Clegg…just a few of the many talented local artists we are fortunate enough to have in our city. This event will likely sell out so grab your tickets now- you don’t want to miss it.
Sunday September 25
- Where: East End Brewing- 147 Julius Street
- When: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Cost: $25
- Head to East End Brewing for this 21+ yoga event. With your ticket, you receive a 45 minute yoga class in the taproom, an East End Brewing Co. mug filled with beer, and a token to take a free yoga class at I am Yoga (Squirell Hill). Doors open at 10 and the class starts promptly at 10:30. They will have yoga mats if you need one. Seems like a great way to start a Sunday!
- Where: Byham Theater- Downtown Pittsburgh Cultural District
- When: 7:00pm
- Cost: $25 and up
- WYEP and the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust are bringing Mountain Stage, a live public radio program, to Pittsburgh for the very first time. Attendees will get to listen to Billy Bragg, Joe Henry, Robert Ellis, and others play live in an intimate setting while host Larry Groce records episode #879 to be broadcast on NPR stations across the country.
What are you looking forward to this weekend? Whatever you do- stay safe and have fun!