Welcome back! Hope everyone had a great weekend, now its time to make the work week just as awesome- Let’s get to it!
Monday February 29
- Where: Row House Cinema + Atlas Bottle Works- Lawrenceville
- When: 7:30pm
- Cost: $9
- This week Row House Cinema is featuring films local comedians Sean Collier and Aaron Kleiber consider overrated in one way or another. On Monday evening, they will be screening Clerks followed by a live podcast discussion at Atlas Bottle Works next door. Do you agree or disagree with the overrated stamp? Go check out the movie and let them know your opinion afterwards!
Tuesday March 1
- Where: Buckhead Saloon- Station Square
- When: 8:00pm-10:30pm
- Cost: FREE + Drink Specials
- Instead of their typical comedy open mic night Buckhead Saloon will be hosting a slew of local comedians: Mike Wysocki, Mike Sasson, Derek Minto, and Tommy Kupiec. Enjoy no cover charge and specials on buckets of beer.
Wednesday March 2
- Where: The Benedum Center- Downtown Pittsburgh Cultural District
- When: 7:30pm
- Cost: Tickets starting at $30
- Jason Isbell, 2016 Grammy winner for Best Americana Album, will be stopping in Pittsburgh this week. He is on tour promoting his album, Something More Than Free, which topped the charts for various different genres. There are still many $30 tickets left, and I highly recommend catching this show.
Thursday March 3
- Where: Spirit-Lawrenceville
- When: 9:30pm
- Cost: FREE
- Head to Spirit for a “Throwback Thursday” style dance party. The DJ will be playing all varieties of songs from the 2000s to make you feel a little nostalgic for the high school/college days (or maybe make you feel a little uncomfortable that you know ALL of the words to that terrible song. Don’t worry, you’re not alone). No cover charge!
So, this weekend was Pittsburgh Beer Fest. But, before I get to that, I have to share with you my GREATEST COFFEE DISCOVERY….
I am a major iced coffee lover, and I have now found the best. Their cold brew iced coffee changed my Friday. For as long as I have been trying to find the perfect iced coffee, I have never had a place use iced cubes made from coffee. Guess what? Blue Canary does. A friend pointed out that this is really the way to do iced coffee, but I never experienced the coffee cubes so I was super excited. It was so good, I had to have it again on Saturday…this time with cinnamon in it. Oh man.
So, if you are in the market for a great cup of coffee, you need to check out Blue Canary in Mt. Lebanon or Ambridge. As an added bonus, the coffee shop itself if decorated with some great local art that is available for purchase.
–Now, on to Beerfest. Matt and I agreed that this will be the last one we attend on this magnitude. We went to the summer one at Stage AE and this one at the convention center. Don’t get me wrong, it is worth checking out and we had a great time, but it is SO CROWDED (I think that makes me sound old).
In theory there are 100s of beers to sample, but if you are like me, you go to the shortest line. Well, the shortest line typically indicates the beer is not a fan favorite. I didn’t mind that so much when I wasn’t a real beer drinker and didn’t like much of anything. However, I now LOVE certain types of beer and would prefer to just have those styles and do without tasting all of the others. Some of the ones I really wanted to try had way to long of a line to make it even worth the pour. I think I’ll just build my own 6 pack of the ones I wanted to try and sample in my PJ’s ( I KNOW that makes me sound old).
Still, it was great to spend time with friends I don’t get to see as often as I would like.
Hope your weekend plans were exactly what you hoped they would be! Check back on Wednesday for a look at what is coming up this weekend! If you happen to check out the Jason Isbell show, leave a comment on here or the Facebook page- Matt and I will be there for his birthday ! We can all have a drink!