Well, you’ve made it this far through the week. Start planning your weekend now to give yourself something to look forward to!
On the agenda for this weekend are some Valentine’s Day inspired ideas, family friendly events, and wearing your underwear in public (what?).
Friday February 12, 2106
- Where: Wigle Whiskey Distillery- Strip District
- When: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Cost: $35
- Wigle is releasing a new whiskey, Afterglow, and they are hosting a party to celebrate. Your ticket includes 2 Brooklyn Brewery beers, an Afterglow cocktail, tacos/sides from Smoke, and whiskey samples. Sounds like a nice way to keep warm on a chilly night!
- Where: Spirit- Lawrenceville
- When: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Cost: $5 Cover Donation
- This event is exactly what it sounds like. Head to Spirit, enjoy drinks and dancing, and get to bed early- or use it as your pre-party if you’re feeling really wild.
- Where: Apis Mead Distillery- Carnegie
- When: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Cost: FREE
- If you haven’t tried Mead from Apis Mead yet, you are missing out and should change that this weekend. They are releasing their new Pomegranate Rose Mead and are celebrating with food from Gyros N’at and music by Basically Skeletons.
- Where: Club Cafe- South Side
- When: 6:00pm doors/7:00pm show
- Cost: $7
- Okay- Paul Luc is my major Pittsburgh crush/favorite Pittsburgh musician- seriously, I can’t even speak to the guy when I see him. You may have heard him on WDVE (They are great at promoting local musicians). If you haven’t you NEED to check him out. He will be playing with Jordan DePaul, a Folk/Americana singer-songwriter from Nashville, TN. If I didn’t have my nephews Friday night, this is exactly where I would be.
Saturday February 13, 2016
- Where: Narcisi Winery- Gibsonia
- When: 10:00am- 11:30am Saturday and Sunday
- Cost: $40
- Spend some time at the winery this Valentine’s Day weekend! Your ticket includes a tour of the winery and a tasting accompanied by cheese/chocolates. It’s only around 90 minutes, so that still leaves the rest of the day for fun (and a wine induced nap).
- Where: Mt Lebanon High School- Mt. Lebanon
- When: 11:00am and 2:00pm
- Cost: $10.50 in advance/$12 day of Children 2 and under are free!
- As a part of the Children’s Theater Series, the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler has been turned into a play. The story follows a witch, her cat, and everything they encounter riding along on their broom. This is one of my youngest nephew’s favorites- so we will be there!
- Where: McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon- North Shore
- When: 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Cost: $55
- Run a quick 1 mile race for a good cause and in your undies! The race benefits the Children’s Tumor Foundation, and running in your underwear is encouraged but not required. Stick around after your run for a party at McFadden’s.
- Where: East End Brewing Company- East Liberty
- When: 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Cost: FREE
- The folks from Pittsburgh Vintage Mixer and East End Brewing Company are teaming up to bring you a pop-up vintage market. Shop vintage vendors , check out craft demos, and sample the Chocolate Cherry Covered Stout.
Sunday February 14, 2016
- Where: Mattress Factory Museum: Northside
- When: 11:00am-2:00pm
- Cost: $30
- Enjoy breakfast and Bloody Marys at the museum! Wigle Whiskey, Salud Juicery, and Waffallonia will provide the drinks and waffle bar. Animal Friends will provide the cuteness of adoptable animals. Tickets include 1 drink, your meal from the waffle bar, and access to the galleries before they open to the public.
- Where: Rivers Casino- North Shore
- When: 3 Sessions- 11:00am-2:00pm/12:15pm-3:15pm/1:30pm-4:30pm
- Cost: $40
- This event features wine samples from dozens of wineries, food/chocolate samples, and a vendor market. Included with your ticket are all samples, $10 free play at the casino, and a stemless wine glass. Designated driver tickets are also available for $10.
- Where: Thunderbird Cafe- Lawrenceville
- When: 7:00pm doors/8:00pm show
- Cost: $12
- A folk/rock band with an interesting assortment of instruments- a vintage suitcase, a bar table, and a field organ. They are known to play original songs and some classic favorites everyone would know.
If you were at a loss for what to do this weekend, I hope this helped! Will you celebrate Valentine’s Day? If you will, what are you plans? I’d love to hear them- I am always looking for new date night ideas for Matt and I (or for a girls night out).
I’m really excited for my nephews to stay with us -Hopefully they like the live version of Room on the Broom! As for us, our Valentine’s Day plans involve food and friends (2 of my favorite things).