Hey everyone! Sorry for the lag- things have been crazy with some end of the winter colds and moving. All of that is almost out of the way now, so we are ready to roll.
Friday April 1
- Where: James Street Gastropub & Speakeasy- North Side
- When:Doors at 7:30pm / Music at 8:00pm
- Cost: $20 in advance/ $25 at the door
- Help welcome War Streets Brewery to the ‘Burgh. They will be giving samples of their beers all night while you listen to live Bluegrass featuring Lone Pine String Band and Haygood Paisleys.
- Where: Mr. Smalls Theater- Millvale
- When: Doors at 7:00pm/Music at 8:00pm
- Cost: $17.50
- If Bluegrass isn’t quite your speed, head to Mr. Smalls for a guaranteed good time with this band. I’ve been hooked on them ever since I head their song Heavy Bells (it is also apparently cat approved…Boots loves it).
Saturday April 2
- Where: Carengie of Homestead Music Hall- Homestead
- When: April 2 at 7:00pm/ April 3 at 5:00pm
- Cost: Ticket prices vary- ranging from $15- $100 depending on the day and package you want
- If you are into all things outdoors, or like great adventure films, this festival is for you. They will be showing a collection of various outdoor recreation films throughout the 2 day festival. Films include topics like river surfing in Montana and kayaking over Niagara Falls…you know, casual stuff.
- Where: Spirit- Lawrenceville
- When: 8:00pm
- Cost: $5 cover at the door
- Check out some new Pittsburgh artists while enjoying all you can eat pancakes? Perfect Saturday night. There will also be live music and body painting at the event.
Sunday April 3
- Where: State AE- North Shore
- When: 10:00am
- Cost: FREE
- Opening day for the Pirates is the event that really gets me thinking about warmer weather and summer–even though I am usually working and the weather is crap. Well, the weather still won’t be great, but at least it is on the weekend. If you have tickets- or even if you weren’t able to get any (like me)- head to Stage AE beforehand for a free tailgate to celebrate opening day. Bill Crawford from DVE Morning Show will be hosting, and Dunkin Donuts is providing some coffee and donuts. LET’S GO BUCS!
- Where: Voodoo Brewery – Homestead
- When: 11:00am
- Cost: $12 cash at the door
- Yoga and beer on a Sunday morning- a pretty good combination. No yoga experience is necessary to enjoy this event, but you are required to bring your own mat. After the class, you’ll enjoy a complimentary glass of beer.