Is this April weather real life? We recently moved and I put all of my winter clothes, boots, and jackets in the basement, so you’re welcome for the crap weather. Even though its colder than usual, there are plenty of events worth throwing a jacket on and checking out!
Friday April 8
History Happy Hour
- Where: Wigle Whiskey- Strip District
- When: 5pm-8pm
- Cost: FREE
- Join Professor Buzzkill as he celebrates his one year anniversary by delivering some Pittsburgh history with a side of whiskey. Pittsburgh Smokehouse will be at the event providing food for purchase, and there will be a raffle for some sweet ‘burgh related books. Wigle whiskey provides the cash bar- there will be a signature drink and a portion of the sales from that drink will be kicked back to fund future Buzzkill events.
Museum Comes Alive: Cocktails and Camaraderie
- Where: Soldiers and Sailors Hall- Oakland
- When: 6pm-8pm
- Cost: $5 at the door
- This night basically combines my two favorite things into one: American history and alcohol. Experience vintage cocktails, listen to music from the Civil War era, and take a peak at artifacts from the Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc. that are not typically on display. You can do all of this at this adults only night! Your admission includes complimentary appetizers and there will be a cash bar featuring beers from Veteran owned ShuBrew and more.
Saturday April 9
- Where: Heinz History Center- Strip District
- When: 10am-3pm
- Cost: $10 (museum members are free)
- At the fourth annual Vintage Pittsburgh event, you’ll be able to browse vendors selling vintage clothing, accessories, collectibles, decor, and more. Maybe you want to try your hand at giant Jenga or chess, play vintage video games, and snag some nostalgic candy. After you’ve had your fill of the market, check out the rest of the museum!
Big Bad Wolf
- Where: Byham Theater- Downtown Pittsburgh Cultural District
- When: Shows at 11am and 2pm
- Cost: $10.50 in advance/$12 day of
- This family friendly show is a little twist on the Big Bad Wolf type stories we all know. A little girl befriends the wolf, forming an unlikely friendship, but of course, there will be some obstacles to overcome! Seems like this show will be something everyone could learn a thing or two from!
Sunday April 10
- Where: Various Pittsburgh Restaurants
- When: Sunday morning/early afternoon
- Cost: Varies
- Brunch for a cause this Sunday morning. Head to the site to check out which local restaurants will donate a porition of your brunch proceeds to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Pittsburgh. Everyone loves brunch and you need to eat- so why not benefit a worthy cause in the process?
Live Music Yoga
- Where: James Street Gastropub and Speakeasy- North Side
- When: 11:30am
- Cost: Free- donations to cover event cost appreciated
- A little twist on your regular yoga class. During this vinyasa flow class, you will be treated to live ambient/ atmospheric music. This is the first installment of this monthly series, so if it sounds like something you are interested in, make sure you go and show support! Afterwards, stick around for brunch, Bloody Mary, and Mimosa specials!